Sunday, August 11, 2013

Jesus Calling

Shortly after I wrote that last post about feeling like my life was a seesaw going back and forth between feeling overwhelmed and excited, I came across this in Jesus Calling:

"Relax in My healing, holy Presence.  Allow Me to transform you through this time alone with Me. As your thoughts center more and more on Me, trust displaces fear and worry. Your mind is somewhat like a seesaw. As your trust in Me goes up, fear and worry automatically go down."

Two things really stood out to me:

1. Seesaw does not have a dash. (I might as well put it out there right now that I am very self-conscious about making grammar mistakes in this blog. After all, I am here to teach grammar. And this blog makes me feel unqualified. So please forgive (or gently point out) any mistakes you note). Ahh, which side does that period go on?? Ahh, not supposed to end a sentence with a preposition!

2. It is up to me to make sure my thoughts are centered on Jesus. I'm not automatically going to think peaceful, trusting thoughts. I automatically think thoughts like, "I'm sure that noise was a murderer in the house," or "This ache in my side must mean I'm dying of a dreadful disease." My sister-in-law tells me that's called 'catastrophizing' and I'm very good at it. I need to take the time to pray and journal and meditate on scripture in order to center my thoughts on trusting Jesus.

P.S. I absolutely love Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and everyone I know that has read it does too. (Girls at least). You should really just go order yourself a copy right now.

1 comment:

  1. I have loved Jesus Calling ever since you gave it to me--it's amazing how it meets you where you are!

    ReplyDelete