Saturday, August 3, 2013

Auf Wiedersehen darlings!

Hello again!
 I promise I haven't forgotten about the blog. In fact, I've often felt the pangs of guilt as I told some of you, "Oh yes, we have a blog! Well...I've only written twice so far..." If any of you have ever asked me to send you pictures in the past, you know I'm really good at taking lots of them, but not so good at getting them from the camera and onto the computer and into an email for you. So this blogging thing might be a challenge.

You may be wondering where we are right now since we had originally planned on leaving for Germany August 1st. Well, plane tickets were much cheaper on August 5th and so on Monday we will go! Since I last wrote, we've been visiting lots of family. Here are some picture highlights of the last month...


Terrill Family reunion in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
 Even though the cousins are all grown up we still had so much fun together.
We also still managed to strand ourselves on a boat in the middle of the lake at midnight.
Our parents rescued us.
(Special thank you to Tom Terrill and Jim Long).
We also celebrated my sweet grandmother Nannie's 80th birthday.
What fun to celebrate and honor such a godly, kind, generous, and thoughtful woman.


Downtown Chicago for our anniversary.
The city stresses me out.
Thankfully, I had earplugs in my purse.
It's tough being a highly sensitive person.
We did end up having fun...
And we got some public transportation practice on the L!

 North Myrtle Beach, SC
My cute niece, Lila!
Dinner with Becky (Jordan's Mom) and Jeremiah
(I know, you thought that was Jordan at first). 
Having this lovely lady as my sister-in-law was a huge perk of marrying Jordan.
She is wonderful and amazing. I wish you all could go on a road-trip with her.
And a note about said road trip: At one point we drove by "Puddin' Swamp Road".
No g. Just an apostrophe. How I love South Carolina.



 All good hang-outs seem to happen in the kitchen, don't they?

Next we flew to Cleveland for Annie's wedding. Well, we flew halfway to Cleveland and then the pilot said we had to turn around because of a problem with the landing gear. They also said not to be alarmed, but we needed to assume the brace position for an emergency landing. And not to panic, but there would be fire engines racing alongside us as we landed. I panicked. Jordan was brave. We were fine and we did fly to Cleveland again (in a different plane) and that time we made it!
There's really nothing like old college friends.
You wish you were a PBA sailfish, don't you?


And back to Lake Bluff...
We've had a lot of fun with these two:

 This was right after Dad stole the punch-line to Mom's story.
 The Terrill family loves a good garden walk.
Especially if there are free cookies!
 
So that was our whirlwind of a summer. If you got through all of that, thank you for bearing with me. It's late, and I when I write at night it usually sounds a lot better to me when I'm tired than it does in the morning. I'm just hoping it's also late when you are reading this.
 
Support update: We've raised 95% of our support and are incredibly grateful to so many of you who have contributed. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for making our work with the students at Black Forest Academy possible. Please pray for safety and peace on our flight Monday night. (No landing gear problems, or turn-arounds mid-flight). We have a lay-over in London and will arrive in Germany at about 6 pm Tuesday night.
 
See you in Germany!
 
Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment